Automated email response

tonydevlin anthonydevine69 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 13 15:05:33 EDT 2007

I am only guessing as I have never done python code before, but i have had
another look at the code and was wondering if anyone knew if the below code
needs a for loop to look through members in plone and email out members with
a certain permission like Manager instead of just emailing 1 member like the
below code does.

obj=sti.object
creator = obj.Creator()
history = sti.getHistory()
wf_tool = context.portal_workflow

mMsg = """
Content has been submitted for your review.
The url was %s.
The reason was %s.
"""

member = context.portal_membership.getMemberById(creator)
creator = {'member':member,
           'id':member.getId(),
           'fullname':member.getProperty('fullname', 'Fullname missing'),
           'email':member.getProperty('email', None)}

actorid = wf_tool.getInfoFor(obj, 'actor')
actor = context.portal_membership.getMemberById(actorid)
reviewer = {'member':actor,
            'id':actor.getId(),
            'fullname':actor.getProperty('fullname', 'Fullname missing'),
            'email':actor.getProperty('email', None)}

mTo = reviewer['email']
mFrom = creator['email']
mSubj = 'Your item has transitioned'
obj_url = obj.absolute_url() #use portal_url + relative_url
comments = wf_tool.getInfoFor(obj, 'comments')

message = mMsg % (obj_url, comments)
context.MailHost.send(message, mTo, mFrom, mSubj)

The loop i was thinking of was
for user in context.portal_membership.listMembers():
    if "Manager" in
context.portal_membership.getMemberById(user.id).getRoles():

But unsure of whether this is right and how to implement this into the code.
Does anybody have any thoughts at all?