Support SSL for Solaris 10

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Wed Apr 11 17:01:22 EDT 2007

"campos" <huwenyan at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Last time I installed Python 2.5 by default, it didn't support SSL.
> When I tried to use HTTPS, the following error occured:
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ssl'

ISTR that the sunfreeware.com 2.5 build supports that, if you have
OpenSSL installed, assuming that by "use HTTPS" you mean "use httplib
as an HTTPS client".  At least, I needed the openssl package installed
for some reason like getting module md5, or some such, so I assume
that installing openssl will also give you HTTPS support in httplib.

John