Lists and Tuples and Much More

bearophileHUGS at lycos.com bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Apr 12 19:01:51 EDT 2007

Scott:

Others will give you many more answers, here is just a bit.

> And how would you sort the list that's in the list?  I guess that goes in
> conjunction with the section above, but still:
>>> my_list = [6, 4, 3, 5, 2, 1]
>
> [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, [7, 9, 8, 10]]

Such sorting may be impossible in Python 3.0 (comparing the order of
lists with integers may be seen as meaningless. Otherwise you can see
single numbers as lists of len=1, like another language does).

> This is, again, something I'm finding nothing on.

Maybe because documentation requires some generalization capabilities.
A list is a single object, and it can contain a sequence of objects.

Bye,
bearophile