Strange terminal behavior after quitting Tkinter application

Chris ceball at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 00:37:54 EDT 2007

>         Is there some Tkinter clean up that you have omitted ?
Not that I know about - I was hoping someone would tell me I'd omitted
something.

>         Have you ensured that the clean up runs on both normal
> exit and abnormal exit (eg ^C) ?
(^C doesn't make the application exit, it just raises a
KeyboardInterrupt error.)
Quitting with ^D from the interpreter (the usual way to quit Python)
causes the application to quit normally without any subsequent
terminal trouble. Quitting by typing 'sys.exit()' in the interpreter
also works fine. Only quitting via the GUI seems to cause the
problem.

For the moment, including the line 'os.system("stty sane")' before
sys.exit() is the solution I'll use.

Thanks for everyone's help.