OT: Question about RGB color method

Tue Apr 10 15:32:08 EDT 2007

Sorry for this non-Python question, but since it's computer related I
know you guys will have an answer, and I don't really know where else to
ask. Mainly I'm just curious anyway.

I'm wondering, why do computers use a RGB color scheme instead of the
primary colors? Is there something you can't do with yellow? It seems
weird that RGB can be combined to make all colors, when that's supposed
to be the job of the primary colors. I'm sure there some technical
computer-related reason that it had to be this way.

Thanks.