Learning Python - First Project

7stud bbxx789_05ss at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 19:36:35 EDT 2007

On Apr 23, 5:04 pm, Kevin Haynes <kevin.hay... at auxilior.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I was a python newbie just a month ago and found the following books a great
> help.
>
> Beginning Python: From Novice to Professional (Beginning: From Novice to
> Professional)  by Magnus L. Hetland (Paperback - 29 Sep 2005)http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beginning-Python-Novice-Professional/dp/15905...
>
> WxPython in Action  by Noel Rappin and Robin Dunn (Paperback - 30 Mar 2006)http://www.amazon.co.uk/WxPython-Action-Noel-Rappin/dp/1932394621/ref...
>
> Kevin
>
> On Monday 23 April 2007, 7stud wrote:
>
> > Uhhmm...how are you supposed to close a ShapedWindow(under
> > Miscellaneous)?

I am reading both now, and I would not recommend either one.  If you
just skim over the examples and don't play with them, you might
mistakenly believe you know what's going on, but if you actually try
the examples and alter them here and there to figure out how things
really work, you will discover all the mistakes and gaps in both
books.