Python and XML?

Leonard J. Reder reder at ieee.org
Sun Apr 15 21:08:27 EDT 2007

Stefan Behnel wrote:
> Leonard J. Reder wrote:
>> What I as really after though was other possible solutions
>> like JAX in the Java world or Gnosis in the Python world.
>>
>> Something that can take a Relax NG Schema and compile
>> it into a bunch of parser/generator objects for handling
>> an XML format.
>
> That's why I was asking why you need this. Validation is provided by RNG
> itself, so all you would need is some kind of mapping that outputs and parses
> it for you? What's your target format? Python objects?
>
> http://codespeak.net/lxml/objectify.html
>
> Stefan

My target format are Python objects.  What I want to do is
auto-covert the Relax NG Schema into Python API objects
that can be used to intelligently read in an XML file.

Our XML files specify interfaces to flight software
but in the future I have an interest in using XMI to do more
complete modeling of software.  Hopefully the OMG publishes
a stand XMI schema.

Looks like this stuff might do what I want.  Need to work through the
example.

Are you the author?  Why is this better then using gnossis?

Thanks,

Len

--
Leonard J. Reder