pyparsing Catch-22

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch bj_666 at gmx.net
Mon Apr 16 04:55:51 EDT 2007

In <1176710795.136757.26570 at b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, 7stud wrote:

> However, all of the beginning examples use a Word() in the parse
> expression, but I couldn't find an adequate explanation of what the
> arguments to Word() are and what they mean.  I finally found the
> information buried in one of the  many documents--the one called
> "Using the Pyparsing Module".  If that seems like an obvious place to
> look, I did start there, but I didn't find it at first.

An obvious place should be the docstring of the `Word` class which says:

    Token for matching words composed of allowed character sets.
    Defined with string containing all allowed initial characters,
    an optional string containing allowed body characters (if omitted,
    defaults to the initial character set), and an optional minimum,
    maximum, and/or exact length.

Ciao,
	Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch