Signal Handlers

Robert Rawlins - Think Blue robert.rawlins at thinkbluemedia.co.uk
Mon Apr 16 06:15:02 EDT 2007

Hello Guys,

Thanks again for all the help you've given me this past week, things are
moving briskly and my class library is building nicely and seems to be
working well :-D

Now, I'm working with an API for another piece of software today, and the
API documentation details the signals that are broadcast upon particular
events, which I need to listen for and then handle.

Here is an example:

               void RemoteDeviceFound(string address, uint32 class, int16
rssi)

                       This signal will be send every time an inquiry result

                       has been found by the service daemon. In general they

                       only appear during a device discovery.

Now, how do I listen for this signal? I've seen a couple of examples where
by they import the signal module, and then to
signal.signal(RemoteDeviceFound, myFunctionToCall) but the python
documentation seemed to think that this would be limited to 2 arguments,
when I've obviously got 3 of them.

Perhaps I've got my wires crossed, if it's really that simple then great.
However, where about in my application should I declare that signal
listener?

Thanks,

Rob