Why NOT only one class per file?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Apr 5 15:36:14 EDT 2007

Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
> John Nagle a écrit :
>> Nate Finch wrote:
[...]
>>    Interestingly, PHP breaks this model; PHP programs are web pages.
>
> Err... Actually, "web pages" *are* text files. And FWIW, in most php
> programs (at least the clean ones), the application logic is in separate
> files, and the 'rendering' code (views, templates, call them what you
> like) are seldom full html documents.

And it's perfectly possible to write a PHP program that isn't a web
page. It's just that PHP is such an awful language nobody chooses to do it.

Perhaps I'm not being fair to PHP. It's just been pushed so far beyond
its original design limits that it's screamingly uncomfortable to use.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Skype: holdenweb     http://del.icio.us/steve.holden