About python Sybase module and the database manipulation!

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Apr 6 07:41:30 EDT 2007

boyeestudio wrote:
> I write a python program which can insert one record into the Sybase
> databae at a time using the function "fetchone()",But I find it runs slowly.
> So I want speed it up,But I don't know how to manipulate the database
> more efficiently! Thread or any other methods can do it??

Since fetchone() is for *retrieval* of data from a database and since
you don't show us your code it's difficult to know what to suggest.

If you let us have an example it will be easier to tell you why your
code doesn't run fast enough.

You may wish to look at executemany() if you have lots of insertions to
make.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Skype: holdenweb     http://del.icio.us/steve.holden