sql to xml

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Tue Apr 17 08:08:20 EDT 2007

Ros wrote:
> Hi,
> > I wish to write xml file after validating data from mssql database.
> I am using xml data mapping list and would use it for validating data.

All right, I'm not going answer the question you're
asking (a) because I'm not really sure what the question
is and (b) because I'm not really an XML person.

I will make two other suggestions which may or
may not be of use:

1) Use MSSQL's builtin XML writing / reading capabilities.

2) Don't use XML if you don't need to.

You don't say why you're using XML but it really
isn't clear to me why you go to such extremes to
check the min and max length of data coming out
of a database.

Perhaps this is just sample code and your real
problem is more complex and must use XML, or
perhaps there really is some compelling reason
for using XML which escapes me here.

(I'm only even posting this drivel to show willing
since no-one's posted a response that I've seen).

TJG