Now()

Robert Rawlins - Think Blue robert.rawlins at thinkbluemedia.co.uk
Wed Apr 25 06:58:57 EDT 2007

Hello Guys,

I'm using the following function 'str (now)' to place a date time stamp into
a log file, which works fine, however it writes the stamp like this.

2007-04-25 11:06:53.873029

But I need to expel those extra decimal places as they're causing problems
with the application that parses the log data, all I need is something like
this:

2007-04-25 11:06:53

With time depicted to the nearest second, from my background in ColdFusion
development we used to have a datetimeformat() function that I could use as

DateTimeFormat(now(), "yyyy-mm-dd HH:mm:ss")

Which would give the current time a mask.

Any equivalent for this in python?

Thanks,

Rob