Generate report containing pdf or ps figures?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Apr 24 12:56:45 EDT 2007

On 2007-04-24, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:

>>> I've looked at ReportLab's documentation, but although it
>>> appears to be able to use bitmap images (e.g jpeg) it doesn't
>>> appear to be able to use vector images (EPS/PDF/SVG).
>>>
>>> Is there a PDF generation library that can place EPS or
>>> PDF figures on a page?
>> 			.
>> 			.
>> 			.
>> You're stuck.
[...]
> In fairness to ReportLab I'd like to say that their *commercial*
> products can do everything the OP asks for and more besides, but
> unfortunately they are mostly targeted at the "enterprise" (read: big
> money) market.

This is just a smallish app for internal use by 1-2 people, so
I probably can't justify spending much cash.  I'll check on the
ReportLab pricing. By the time I figure out how to bundle
Ghostscript with py2exe, it will probably have been cheaper to
pay for a copy of ReportLab.  But it's usually easier to spend
a week of engineering time that it is to spend $1000.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I am covered with
                                  at               pure vegetable oil and I am