if __name__ == 'main': & passing an arg to a class object

gtb goodTweetieBird at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 27 18:24:21 EDT 2007

Sorry for the wrong implication. I should have said I 'mimicked the
style'.

No, not used to Java at all, and obviously not versed in python either
(do I get points for tcl?). Maxq generates jython scripts and when I
saw the .class files I assumed it was the work of the python compiler
as what is visible to me appears to be python syntax. The example
above { MaxQTest("MaxQTest").Run() } is actually par of what is
generated by maxq first rattle out of the box when you specify a
compact script. Since I am a neophyte to java, maxq, and python, what
is what is not clear to me and I apologize for imposing on the the
forum with this mixed bag of problems. However, I have learned a great
deal (to me) of python in the past couple of days, just gotta break
the tcl and autoIt habit of dollarSigning things.

RE: http://python.org/doc/tut/, I keep it and http://docs.python.org/ref/ref.html
both open all the time. :^)

Best Regards,

gtb