way to extract only the message from pop3

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Wed Apr 4 03:11:33 EDT 2007

"flit" <superflit at gmail.com> wrote:

>Using poplib in python I can extract only the headers using the .top,
>there is a way to extract only the message text without the headers?

Only by using Python code.  The other responses gave you good pointers
toward that path, but I thought I would point out the reason why.

The POP3 protocol is surprisingly primitive.  There are only two commands
to fetch a message: RETR, which fetches the headers and the entire message,
and TOP, which fetches the headers and the first N lines of the message.
The key point is that both commands fetch the headers.
Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.