Problems with os.spawnv

Henrik Lied henriklied at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 17:19:56 EDT 2007

Hi there!

I'm trying to convert a video in a background process.
The scenario I'm after:
1. The user uploads a video
2. The video is saved in my media directory, and the database is
populated with the references
3. The video gets converted to FLV - but the user shouldn't have to
wait around for this to happen

So, I thought to myself that spawnv would be a good fit for this. The
problem is that it doesn't fire of the command.

Here's my test script: http://dpaste.com/hold/7981/

Why won't this work? The while-loop is printed, but the os command
isn't executed. I've also tried to specify the whole path to mencoder
(/opt/local/bin/mencoder), but to no use.