looking for library to read ppt files

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 16:46:41 EDT 2007

On Apr 16, 1:42 pm, Larry Bates <larry.ba... at websafe.com> wrote:
> Aljosa Mohorovic wrote:
> > i'm looking for a way to read ppt (powerpoint) files using python and
> > to convert slides into jpeg files.
> > any links or tips how to do this?
>
> Not really a Python question but Google turned up:
>
> http://www.sharewareconnection.com/ppt-to-jpeg-jpg-tiff-bmps-converte...http://www.print-driver.com/howto/converting/convert_microsoft_powerp...
>
> -Larry

I suppose you could also use the win32 module and the COM object to
grab the info from the slide and then use the PIL module to create a
jpeg. Sounds like a lot of head banging to me, but it might be an
interesting project.

For info on accessing PowerPoint with Python, see links below:

http://www.p-nand-q.com/python/ms_office.html

Also see Hammond's "Python Programming on Win32" book or Chun's Core
Python Programming". Both have some examples of accessing MS Apps.

PIL can be found at: http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/

Mike