shelve error

Alex Martelli aleax at mac.com
Mon Apr 9 01:19:03 EDT 2007

7stud <bbxx789_05ss at yahoo.com> wrote:
> In my opinion, the most valuable thing you could do for a next
> printing would be to expand the index to 3 times its current length.

Suggest that to O'Reilly: they're the one who prepare the index, not me;
I only get to point out errors I may notice on it during the roughly 4-5
days I get to review it in the late phases of production.

I don't believe any major change in the index can be contemplated
between one printing and another, but your complaint, if directed to the
appropriate ears, might possibly infuence some future edition.

> Also, the book is brand new, yet the cover has completely separated
> from the spine of the book, and now the cover is only attached to the
> first and last pages with a bit of glue.

Similarly, I have no control on any aspect of the physical production of
the book: again, telling me about your complaints is absolutely useless,
if you want any chance to have an effect, tell O'Reilly.

Alex