Future Python Gui?

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at o2.usun.pl
Wed Apr 18 15:58:24 EDT 2007

bcwhite at pobox.com napisał(a):

> If this were just a tool for me, it wouldn't matter.  My concern is
> distribution.  If anybody who wants to run my software then they also
> have to go through all the trouble to install these extensions, none
> of which seem to have decent instructions.  I'm an old-time hack and I
> have trouble getting them to work.  A simple user won't have a chance!

I am not a hacker, just a software developer, but I'd have no problems
in either installing PyGTK on Ubuntu box (sudo apt-get install
python-gtk2, but it's installed by default anyway) or on Windows XP
machine (double click on installer icon). "Simple user" is not an idiot
either and if she can read English, she wouldn't have hard time too.

The rumours on "problems installing GUI toolkits" are greatly exagerated
IMO.

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/