One program in different GUI Toolkits

Franz Steinhaeusler franz.steinhaeusler at gmx.at
Wed Sep 27 03:25:54 EDT 2006

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 08:27:30 +0200 (CEST), Franz Steinhaeusler
<franz.steinhaeusler at gmx.at> wrote:

>Hello NG,
>
>I have a suggestion.
>
>For simplifying learning or switching between different GUI
>Toolkits, I could imagine to have one short clearly presented
>program in different GUI Toolkits.
>
>What about for example wxProject?
>
>http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/WxProject
>or some other suggestion to take as base program.
>(could contain menus, buttons, listboxes, dialogs, ...)
>
>I would be very interested how it would looks in:
>wxPython
>pyGtk
>pyQt
>TkInter
>

>Maybe in:
>Wax
>PythonCard
>PyFLTK
>

>Anybody is interested in implementing in one other GUI?
>We could put in on one Python wiki page for example.
>
>Many thanks in advance!

Hello all,

thank you for your replies.

Hmm, ideally the program is short and a little useful,
to that I agree.

What about a small text editor using the scintilla control?
It should be available for Pythoncard, wxPython, pygtk and pyQt
(qtscintilla).
With a small find dialog, open, save should be enough for the beginning.

Other suggestions?