pythonol

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Wed Sep 27 18:06:29 EDT 2006

John Martin wrote:
> 'pythonol' is a program for learning spanish. I think it's a really great
> program. Unfortunately it ceased to work when I moved to SuSE 10 and 10.1 .
> The author makes it clear on her website that she has devoted all the time
> she's prepared to and won't maintain it. I think it's a shame as it's a
> valuable educational tool. Sadly I know bugger all about python, this is
> the error I get when running it.
> /usr/share/Pythonol/sqlite/__init__.py:1: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version
> mismatch for module _sqlite: This Python has API version 1012, module
> _sqlite has version 1011.

A good start might be to get a version of sqlite that's compatible with
your version of Python (or vice versa).

But I'd say that's likely to be only the first of a list of things that
need fixing ... perhaps someone who knows gtk can chip in and help. You
can help by providing some very basic information: what version of
Python are you running (would save guessing)? what is the URL of the
pythonol website (would save googling)?

Cheers,
John