Leave the putdowns in the Perl community, the Python world does not need them

metaperl metaperl at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 08:45:52 EDT 2006

I was shocked to see the personal insults hurled in this thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/d0758cb9545cad4b

I have been very pleased with Python developers regardless of skill
levels in both the IRC channel as well as here - no hot attitudes. No
holier than thou put ons. I was just sinking into the comradery and
cooperative nature of this new powerful community when I saw that
thread.

Well, I hope that the fact that 99% of the Python community, from Guido
von Rossum on down continues to exemplify how a language can be good
and the people can be friendly and that the other 1% get inspired by
their positivity and switch as well...