Tkinter listbox and ftputil

Hendrik van Rooyen mail at microcorp.co.za
Sat Sep 2 03:57:28 EDT 2006

 <vedran_dekovic at yahoo.com> wrote:

| Hi,
| Again I need help about tkinter listbox.
|

| example:
|
| In listbox must write (imaginary file in server):
|
| ['-rw-r--r--   1 vedran at vedran.byethost12.com vedran.byethost12.com
| 3506 Jun 25 14:40 file.gif']
|

| ....and then when somebody click on file in listbox,then in new Entry
| widget must
| write just filename        example:   'file.gif'  , not other file
| informations

This thing looks like a list with one item in it, and the item looks like a
string ['.....']

So you can access the string as the first item in the list, and then you can use
split() on the string part, - this will give you list of words - the last word
in the list will be the one you want...

hth - Hendrik