4 Simple Questions About Python/IDLE

John Purser jmpurser at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 12:34:32 EDT 2006

Omar,

The '>>>' were causing the problem I would guess.  Those are the
interactive interpreter's prompts, not python.  Saving a python session
like that is a starting place for creating code, not the finished
product.

You might also want to save the file as "helloworld11.py" before double
clicking it.

Again, these problems indicate that you're not ready to even start
coding until you've read a good intro text.

John Purser