what is the best practice to separate Pygtk and long running thread code

seb sebastien.thur at laposte.net
Sat Sep 23 04:04:38 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am running on WinXP so that is not so convenient to communicate
between separate processes.

In the past I have used blocking files but it may be a slow
communication way for some applications. It may also be too much
depending on the disk on which the program is run (network drives with
different rights).

It seems that RPC call would do the job but I would have liked
something simplier (although I did not tried it).

The best thing would be to have a queue feature that would be be shared
between processes but as far as I know It does not exists in python.

Thanks.
Seb

Do you know of some features like a queue that