ANN: Pocoo (bulletin board software) 0.1 beta released

riklaunim at gmail.com riklaunim at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 20:01:42 EDT 2006

Georg Brandl wrote:
> We're pleased to announce that
>
>       Pocoo 0.1 (beta) was released today (Sept. 10, 2006).
>
> Pocoo <http://www.pocoo.org/> is a bulletin board software (aka. message board)
> written in Python, adhering to the WSGI standard. In the long term, it is meant
> to compete with systems like phpBB.

Python needs good forums :) I'm writing my own forum app also, called
"MyghtyBoard" - http://code.google.com/p/diamanda/ using Django :)
[check the screenshots].

python isn't PHP -> most python powered sites use a framework (from
zope to web.py) so it would nice if the script could be easily "plugged
in" to popular python frameworks (users, permissions, forum data) :)