REQ: Java/J2EE Developer 10 Months

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Fri Sep 15 15:30:18 EDT 2006

>> *Java, 2 year UNIX - HP / Solaris, 2 yrs OOA+D, Corba, Perl,
>> XML, UML. *Java dev experience, Swing, JPS, 2 years of
>> OOA+D.
>
> Clearly not spam, since the guy is so in touch with the
> readership of this group ... sigh ... is it just me, or is
> this person an idiot?

Perhaps this is an acknowledgment that any Tom, Dick or Harry
armed with Python has the equiv. skills of someone with the above
credentials.  Paraphrasing, "you can either have N years of skill
with complicated toolsets X, Y, and Z, or you can know how to do
it the easy way with Python."

Or, as you say, someone needs to send the OP a copy of
_Recruiting for Dummies_ along with _How not to Crosspost for Idiots_

Or, perhaps they just have their terminology off.  "Corba" is a
lot like "cobra" which is also a snake, like a Python.  ("We've
got Corba, right here in River City.  That starts with 'C' and
that rhymes with 'P' and that stands for Python!")

I've gotta stop with the musicals... :)

-tkc