XSLT speed comparisons

Damian damian at nice.co.nz
Wed Sep 27 19:40:18 EDT 2006

Ross Ridge wrote:
> It could just be that 4suite is slower than MSXML.  If so, you can use
> MSXML in Python if you want.  You'll need to install the Python for
> Windows extensions.  Something like this:

Thanks for that Ross. That would make sense, I'd read somewhere that
the 4suite code was a little slower but wanted to be sure it wasn't
just something I'd done wrong.

I've experimented with the code you supplied and after installing the
necessaries have run into a brick wall with a series of errors.

The errors can be seen at http://python.pointy.co.nz/test (I'm leaving
the existing, slower version running at the moment for the rest of the
site).

I've got to get back on with some work but will look further into this
tonight.

Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it.