Running python from a usb drive

cjl cjlesh at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 14:43:37 EDT 2006

Thorsten:

Thank you for your reply.

> Setting environment variables has only effect on the process itself
> and the subprocesses. This has nothing to do with Windows, it's the
> same with Linux.

True, and the changes to path and pythonpath are gone after I close the
console window, but the results of the assoc and ftype commands are
changes to the registry that linger. If I run my setup on a computer
that has python installed, I will overwrite the pre-existing registry
settings. I can restore them with a script, but I can't guarantee that
my restore script will run.

I'm still looking for a way to modify these temporarily, but it looks
like I might be "up the creek" on this one. Oh well.

Thanks again,
CJL