Computer Language Popularity Trend

mark.hoemmen at gmail.com mark.hoemmen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 05:37:47 EDT 2006

Xah Lee wrote:
> Computer Language Popularity Trend
>
> This page gives a visual report of computer languages's popularity, as
> indicated by their traffic level in newsgroups. This is not a
> comprehensive or fair survey, but does give some indications of
> popularity trends.
>
> http://xahlee.org/lang_traf/index.html

Careful there with the sweeping generalizations and quick judgments
about languages :)

Furthermore, it's nice to conclude that Lisp is getting more popular,
but we also have to take into account global trends (maybe more people
are using usenet in general? maybe the total number of programmers in
the world is increasing?).

Still, it's nice to see trends plotted out like that, thanks for the
work :)

mfh