Tkinter window focusing or selecting

Bob Greschke bob at passcal.nmt.edu
Mon Sep 4 16:52:03 EDT 2006

I have a program with many "forms" (Toplevel windows with entry fields).
Sometimes when I .deiconify() and .lift() a form that is a child of another
form, but that just got buried under other forms it comes up 'not active'
(dimmed).  I have to click on the title bar (or anywhere in the window)
before I can start entering stuff into the entry fields.  It doesn't seem to
happen all of the time, which I don't understand.  Doing a .focus_set()
after the .lift() fixes it, but then Tkinter loses track of which entry
field the cursor was in when the window got covered up.  Is there something
else I should be calling after the .deiconify() and .lift() to make sure the
window get 'activated' (or what ever that state is)?  This is on Linux at
this point.

Thanks!

Bob