threading, subprocesses and wait

Gal Diskin gal.diskin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 09:29:17 EDT 2006

Hi all,
I'm writing a python program using threads to open several subprocesses
concurrently (using module subprocess) and wait on them. I was
wondering if there is a possibilty that a thread will return from wait
even though the subprocess that finished was created by another thread
thats also waiting.

i.e. - 2 threads, each thread opens a subprocess and waits. The
subprocess created by thread 1 has ended and thread 2 is released from
wait instead of thread 1. Is this scenario possible? (I have reason to
believe this has happend to me, but it seems unreasonable behaviour)

Thanks in advance,
Gals