Python to JavaScript Compiler? Anyone written such a beast?

kenneth.m.mcdonald at sbcglobal.net kenneth.m.mcdonald at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 13 22:03:53 EDT 2006

Of course, I'm not talking about something that would transform
any Python code into semantically JavaScript code, but simply
something that would analyze a "restricted" Python source file,
and spit out equivalent JavaScript. The big advantage (as far
as I'm concerned) is that one could make use of some of the
syntactic shortcuts that JavaScript doesn't offer, that the Python
syntax checker generally does a better job than the JS one, and
(perhaps most importantly) this could be configured to put in 'instrumentation',
such as checks to make sure than an attempt to access an undefined
attribute actually throws an error.

Color me curious,
Ken