anybody using python 2.5 that raises error while importing?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Sep 23 16:26:12 EDT 2006

Dennis Lee Bieber schrieb:
> On 23 Sep 2006 09:24:09 -0700, "daniel" <daniel.huangfei at gmail.com>
>
>> so the implementation rules of python extension module must have been
>> changed, for now, I have to wait for the new release of that module and
>
> 	No change... For YEARS the rule has been: Changes in the first
> decimal place (version m.n.o - if "n" changes, new binaries are needed;
> changes in "o" are just bug fixes and don't change the binary interface;
> abandon all hope if "m" changes <G>) of a Python version almost ALWAYS
> require 3rd party binary extensions to be rebuilt.

You should read the entire thread. He couldn't import the extension
module because it ends in .dll; this was a change introduced in Python
2.5: the module must end in .pyd now. That rule had not been there
for YEARS.

Of course, had he renamed the file, it then would have complained
that he's running a 2.4 extension module in 2.5; *that* rule had
been there for YEARS.

Regards,
Martin