A critique of cgi.escape

Jon Ribbens jon+usenet at unequivocal.co.uk
Tue Sep 26 09:48:20 EDT 2006

In article <mailman.680.1159277904.10491.python-list at python.org>, Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> Jon Ribbens wrote:
>
>>> does the word "information set" mean anything to you?
>>
>> You would appear to be talking about either game theory, or XML,
>> neither of which have anything to do with HTML.

I notice that yet again you've snipped the substantial point and
failed to answer it, presumably because you don't know how.

> you see no connection between XML's concept of information set and
> HTML?   (hint: what's XHTML?)

I am perfectly well aware of what XHTML is. If you're trying to make
a point, please get to it, rather than going off on irrelevant
tangents. What do XML Information Sets have to do with escaping
control characters in HTML?