Is it just me, or is Sqlite3 goofy?

Preston Hagar prestonh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 17:23:47 EDT 2006

> 	Unfortunately, I don't think they are going to duplicate the 200 or
> so page O'Reilly SQLite book as part of the help system (even if that
> book is quite out-of-date; there is one skinny chapter near the end that
> explains what changes "will appear" in the version that has been
> available for Python for over a year now).
> --

Just to let you (and everyone else know) there is a new SQLite book
out from APress that covers SQLite 3

It actually has a section that covers what a lot of these postings
have been discussing, check constraints.  You can actually implement
type checking constraints in SQLite with very little additional code.
That way it will give you an error message if you try to insert
something of the wrong type.

HTH,

Preston