Extra Newby question - Trying to create md5 File Listing

James Johnston jxjohns at lifeway.com
Wed Sep 27 10:50:16 EDT 2006

I've never written a Python program before and I'm trying to read a config
file with file path/names (eg. c:\\python24\\*.dll, ... *.exe) to create an
output file of filename + md5 values.  I'm confused.  I'm trying to learn
how to use Wing IDE and step through the Stack Data.  It seems to be
working but on the

[INDENT]for fn in filelist:
  data = file(fn,'rb').read() [/INDENT]

I get a

[INDENT]IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'c')

Traceback (innermost last):

File "c:\Python examples\md5makr_test4.py", line 1, in ?
  #!/usr/bin/python
File "c:\Python examples\md5makr_test4.py", line 20, in ?
  data = file(fn,'rb').read()[/INDENT]

[B]Code:[/B]
#!/usr/bin/python
# Filename: md5makr_test4.py

import sys, os, os.path, glob, md5, ConfigParser

config = ConfigParser.ConfigParser()
config.read('md5makr.ini')

outputfilname = config.get('general', 'outputfile')
f = file(outputfilname,'wt')
fileconfig = config.get('general', 'inputfiles')

fl = file(fileconfig,'r')
fileData = fl.read()

for f1 in glob.glob(fileData):
  filelist = f1

for fn in filelist:
  data = file(fn,'rb').read()
  hexstring = md5.md5(data).hexdigest()
  f.write(fn + '\t' + hexstring + '/n')

f.close()

Any insight or help would be appreciated.