new string method in 2.5 (partition)

Tue Sep 19 15:23:50 EDT 2006

Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:

> Err... is it me being dumb, or is it a perfect use case for str.split ?

Hmm, I suppose you could get nearly the same functionality as using
split(':', 1), but with partition you also get the separator returned as
well.

> There are IMVHO  much exciting new features in 2.5 (enhanced generators,
> try/except/finally, ternary operator, with: statement etc...)

I definitely agree, but I figure everyone knows about those already.
There are also the startswith() and endswith() string methods that are
new and seem neat as well.