Makin search on the other site and getting data and writing in xml

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Tue Sep 26 05:59:12 EDT 2006

altemurbugra at gmail.com wrote:

> GOOGLE IS NOT OUR SUBJECT ANY MORE.
>
> MY GOAL IS NOT MAKING SEARCH ON GOOGLE:
> MY GOAL IS MAKING A SEARCH ON
> www.onelook.com, for example

"""
Can you send me the list of words in the index? May I extract it from your
site?
 No, sorry. If you're thinking about writing a script to systematically copy
OneLook.com's word list, please don't. It's not yours to copy, for one
thing. But also, it wastes tremendous bandwidth and slows things down for
other users. We have software in place to detect the abuse of our service
and we'll alert your ISP if you violate our trust in you. If you're looking
for a decent-sized downloadable word list, try WordNet, which offers that
and much more. If you're working on a project for school or academic
research, let us know and we might be able to help steer you in the right
direction.
"""

Consider this: if you'd offered the courtesy of a occasional lemonade for
you neighbours, does that mean that you like them stomping around in your
kitchen?

Nearly all of sites that offer a service like this will have policies of
that kind. So - get a grip, stop shouting, and start thinking if what you
are trying to do is legal or social. If not, and you don't care - be my
guest, but don't ask for help here!

Diez