SSL meta data

Paul Rubin http
Mon Sep 25 15:50:52 EDT 2006

Jan Dries <jan.dries at dcube-resource.be> writes:
> C:\> curl -v https://www.paypal.com
>
> I'm sure that by using the cURL API directly, you can obtain the
> certificate information in a more direct way without having to rely on
> parsing the above output with regexps. Doing so might also be more
> complex though :-)

Yeah, same idea, I haven't stayed on top of curl and so forth.  I usually
use openssl for that:

   openssl s_client -connect www.paypal.com:443

This prints out the cert so you'd have to parse it in a separate step
(e.g. save it in a file first).  Anyway these are just dirty hacks,
but might be ok for this type of internal administrative purposes.
Otherwise use the real API.