strange result with json-server & zope

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Sep 16 07:10:18 EDT 2006

At Saturday 16/9/2006 07:28, astarocean wrote:

>[the script]
>body_html = container.mime_mail(body_html=body_html)
>container.MailHost.send(messageText=body_html, mto=to_email,
>mfrom=from_email, subject=subject, encode=None)
>
>[mime_mail is a dtml-method]
><dtml-mime type="text/html" charset="utf8" encode="quoted-printable"
>disposition="inline">
><dtml-var body_html missing="this is the body of mail goes">
></dtml-mime>

"utf8" is not the right spelling, should be UTF-8

>[called from json-rpc]
>
>< ! D O C T Y P E   H T M L   P U B L I C   " - / / W 3 C / / D T D   H
>T M=
>  L   4 . 0 1   T r a n s i t i o n a l / / E N "
>  " h t t p : / / w w w . w 3 . o r g / T R / h t m l 4 / l o o s e . d
>t d =
>" >

But this is not UTF-8; looks like UTF-16 with 0x00 converted to 0x20
(space). I'd look at where the body comes from, or ask on the Zope
list for the right way to use dtml-mime.

Anyway, why are you using dtml-mime and such? Using the email package
is easier and a lot more powerful.

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.