Are Python's reserved words reserved in places they dont need tobe?

Delaney, Timothy (Tim) tdelaney at avaya.com
Wed Sep 13 03:12:57 EDT 2006

Antoon Pardon wrote:

> This is just an idea of mine, nothing I expect python to adapt.
> But just suppose the language allowed for words in bold. A word
> in bold would be considered a reserved word, a word in non bold
> would be an identifier.

Exactly how am I supposed to use my text editor to make words bold? Is
every text editor supposed to understand a "python format" for code?

Besides, I don't like bold for keywords (or anything in code) - I like
my keywords blue (RGB 0, 0, 255). Of course, with a "python format", I
could make *my* keywords blue. But I can pretty much guarantee that my
preferred editor will not ever understand "python format".

Tim Delaney