Verify an e-mail-adress - syntax and dns

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Tue Sep 26 05:51:42 EDT 2006

> Besides, what is so special with electronic forms that we have to go
> through all kind of tricks to make sure the user doesn't make mistakes
> when regular paper forms just assume the user will be careful when he
> fills it? Must be some kind of IQ draining field emited by all the
> computers which only computer experts are immune to :D

The speciality comes from paper forms being read by humans - or at least
that used to be the case. And as we still are more clever than your average
OCR program (and even than the not-so-average ones), that leads to
comparably good results.

But a computer that is supposed to process an electronic form - you have to
make sure to apply proper bondage techniques to make the user obey to your
command....

Diez