high level, fast XML package for Python?

Stefan Behnel stefan.behnel-n05pAM at web.de
Sat Sep 16 12:33:32 EDT 2006

Tim N. van der Leeuw wrote:
> Another option is Amara; also quite high-level and also allows for
> incremental parsing. I would say Amara is somewhat higher level than
> ElementTree since it allows you to access your XML nodes as Python
> objects (with some extra attributes and some minor warts), as well as
> giving you XPath expressions on the object tree.

Then you should definitely give lxml.objectify a try. It combines the ET API
with the lxml set of features (XPath, RelaxNG, XSLT, ...) and hides the actual
XML behind a Python object interface. That gives you everything at the same time.

http://codespeak.net/lxml/objectify.html

It's part of the lxml distribution:
http://codespeak.net/lxml/

Stefan