QuoteSQL

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue Sep 26 05:50:00 EDT 2006

Sybren Stuvel wrote:

> I'm suggesting functions based on the role of the string they need to
> escape, not the characters in that string.
>
>     1) Quoting of wildcard strings for a query using LIKE etc.
>     2) Quoting of values for putting into queries.

it's actually quite amusing that some people have such a hard time
developing a conceptual model that actually matches the underlying
architecture and the information model.  and it's usually the same
people that end up arguing for hypergeneralization.

it's about data, folks, not syntax artifacts.

</F>