Outbound port on sockets

bmearns bmearns at coe.neu.edu
Thu Sep 14 11:55:16 EDT 2006

> But you can restrict the numbers of ports the server will use to a
> certain range! It's common for ftp to allow only for so many connections
> at the same time, so reserve a port-range of 20 or so for your server
> and configure the router to forward them.

Thanks, I think that'll have to be my work around till I can find more
information about this. I do still consider it a work around, though,
I'd like to be able to use both PORT and PASV and I'm entirely
convinced it's possible.

All the same, it's a good suggestion. Thank you. Now do you know how I
(as the server) can force clients to use PASV, instead of PORT?

-Brian