Computer Language Popularity Trend

John Bailo jabailo at texeme.com
Wed Sep 27 13:54:24 EDT 2006

Xah Lee wrote:
> Computer Language Popularity Trend
>
> This page gives a visual report of computer languages's popularity, as
> indicated by their traffic level in newsgroups.

The only problem being that in the last five years, there are now a
multiplicity of options for discussing any of these languages, in places
that are not Usenet.

For example, Sun hosts a variety of bulletin boards on its java.net
site.   Likewise Microsoft has it's "communities".

My guess is that if you included all the new avenues the other languages
would have growth curves about the same shape as for LISP.

--
Texeme Construct