Running python from a usb drive

cjl cjlesh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 16:41:01 EDT 2006

Uwe:

Thank you for your reply.

> is pythonpath really case insensitive on windows ?

I think so. After running my batch file, I can load the python
interpreter by typing 'python', and can then type 'import django'
without error. This lives in the site-packages directory, so it is
finding it.

However, there is a python script that lives in python24\Scripts called
'django-admin.py', which I am adding to my path. When I type
'django-admin.py --help' I get an error that it couldn't load the
django module. When I type 'python E:\python24\django-admin.py --help'
I get the correct output, and no errors, so I know it is loading the
module.

I guess I am trying to figure out why, and what the top "shebang" line
should be for the script django-admin.py, because the removable drive
can have different drive letters, so I can't hard code it.

thanks again,
CJL