does anybody earn a living programming in python?

GHUM haraldarminmassa at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 08:34:54 EDT 2006

walterbyrd,

Answer: Yes. Definitely. And, to be correct, there are some who earn a
rather comfortable living programming in Python.

> If so, I doubt there are many.

depending on your definition of "many". if "many" is something around
"1% of population of earth", you are right.

If "many" is "more than 1000", than you are wrong.

I formyself earn the major part of my income doing Python - combined
with database knowledge, of course.

> I wonder why that is?
There seems to be a challenge to have more people programm Python: to
hire people with Python knowledge. Maybe the recruiters of Google can
enlighten you on the prospects of Python programmers on the market :)

Java is educated in a kind of vocational training in universities; but
at the moment only the elite gets in touch with Python.

Harald